Did you know that nearly 60 percent of Google searches are done on mobile devices? Google works hard to make your mobile searches as easy to read as possible, so in 2015 they designed the Google 3-Pack for local search results.
The local 3 pack is a location-based method to make mobile searches relevant to the user’s location. Searching for businesses “near me” uses location data to return the three that Google deems are the best along with their addresses.
The local 3 is not only optimized for mobile users; local search results on any desktop or laptop computer returns three as well.
Google’s search engine results pages, or SERPs, are ranked using more than 200 criteria. These include content quality, search intent, keyword usage, and more.
Local results use a different set of ranking criteria to decide which results to return to the user. While there is no way to guarantee that your business will land in the Local 3, there are ways to increase your chances of getting into those top three spots.
This type of Search Engine Optimization occurs via unpaid methods such as keyword usage, quality content, and backlinking. Search engines index this content on websites and assigns a value to it in comparison with other sites like it.
Organic SEO is a process. Rankings come from users who are already looking for what you’re selling, and it’s your responsibility to provide consistent and relevant content.
Local 3 and SEO
SEO is calculated differently for the 3-pack. Since results are location-specific, large-scale SEO efforts aren’t going to work the same way. Don’t lose hope, though; the following are some ways to maximize your chances of landing on one of those coveted spots. Make sure your Google My Business page is complete and up to date.
• Do a good business and cultivate good reviews. Those stars appear on the Local 3 results, so try and promote your visibility.
• Google your own business and make sure that all the information about it on the internet is accurate. Name, address, and phone number should be consistent throughout the web.
• Figure out ways to have your site linked locally by sponsoring an event or joining the Chamber of Commerce.
• Maintain an excellent social media presence. Facebook is a great way to attract people and start conversations with interesting posts. Use Instagram creatively to show customers your products and services. Local businesses with loyal followers increase your visibility and improve your rankings.
• Make sure your website is mobile-friendly. This detail increases both your local and global search rankings.
Go Forth and Prosper
Organic SEO is the best way to get your website noticed. To increase your rankings anywhere, your site needs to have great content, your product needs to be good quality, and your customers need to be happy.
Understand that this is a process that builds your business’s reputation over time. Partner with a company that understands local SEO to start cultivating your local 3 position. GmapsRocket Web Solutions is recognized as a Top Search Engine Optimization Company on DesignRush. Contact us to find out how to get started and watch your rankings improve!